Recently several instructors fought the cold weather and got checked out and we plan to do more check flights as soon as weather permits. Having several instructors checked out will help getting all pilots signed off quicker for the season.
In preparation for the start of the season, here are a few notes for this year.
Spring check rides - Every pilot will have to perform the following exercises on their check flights:
- Pre-take-off and landing checks done (a fail for pilot if he/she forgot to do it)
- Box the wake
- Steep turns 45° at constant speed left and right
- Circuit entered between 750 to 850 feet AGL
- Approach speed on final must be within +10 and -5 kts of stated airspeed
- Land in one third of the runway length
- Demonstrate good airmanship through out
- Demonstrate knowledge of airspace (i.e. Corridor, Hamilton and Waterloo airspace)
Spin check policy for 2017
- Every pilot must have had a spin check before June 30, 2017 and before they can fly the LS4, Junior, or Puchacz, Duo as P1.
Cross-country training program
- A cross-country training program with PTR is almost ready. Members who wish to join the program should contact the CFI directly.
Please refer to the website for all the club's documents such as the POH for the Duo and the fleet progression requirements.