Welcome to the Member's section of SOSA Gliding Club webpage.
Once part of SOSA community, students and pilots have also access to Club procedures, Flight training, Manuals and Advanced soaring training.
Spring check rides - Every pilot will have to perform the following exercises on their check flights:
- Pre-take-off and landing checks done
- Box the wake
- Steep turns 45° at constant speed left and right
- Circuit entered between 750 to 850 feet AGL
- Approach speed on final must be within +10/-5 kts of stated airspeed
- Land in one third of the runway length
- Demonstrate good airmanship through out
- Demonstrate knowledge of airspace (i.e. Corridor, Hamilton and Waterloo airspace)
Spin check policy for 2017
- Every pilot must have had a spin check before June 30, 2017 and before they can fly the LS4, Junior, or Puchacz, Duo as P1.
Instructor's meeting - Mar 25
First Instructor's meeting of 2017 will be held at SOSA on March 25th.
Membership Renew - Online Form
The registration procedures has remained mostly unchanged for renewal. Members will fill out the renewal form online, as before, if you are attending the AGM, you must print a copy of the liability release and bring it. Otherwise, leave a copy in the clubhouse dropbox.
New for 2017 renewal:
New member signup
SOSA Members' Job List
Here is how you can contribute to the club. Find your own niche on the list compiled by Shirley (Thanks Shirley!) and contribute to the club!