Welcome to the Member's section of SOSA Gliding Club webpage.
Once part of SOSA community, students and pilots have also access to Club procedures, Flight training, Manuals and Advanced soaring training.
Membership Renew - Online Form
2018 Membership - Renewal
SOSA Members' Job List
Here is how you can contribute to the club. Find your own niche on the list compiled by Shirley (Thanks Shirley!) and contribute to the club!
SOSA Calendar 2019
Below is a calendar of at SOSA in 2019. Few dates are still being discussed and will be provided soon, so we can plan ahead and enjoy the season as much as possible.
Every pilot will have to perform the following exercises on their check flights:
- Pre-take-off and landing checks done
- Box the wake
- Steep turns 45° at constant speed left and right
- Circuit entered between 750 to 850 feet AGL
- Approach speed on final must be within +10/-5 kts of stated airspeed
- Land in one third of the runway length
- Demonstrate good airmanship through out
- Demonstrate knowledge of airspace (i.e. Corridor, Hamilton and Waterloo airspace)
Spin check policy
- Every pilot must have had a spin check before June 30th and before they can fly the LS4, Junior, or Puchacz, Duo as P1.
To add an individual item to this calendar, please contact Rob Russell. If you're a board member, I'll teach you how to do it yourself.