Who should attend? Any licensed pilot with 10 or more solo hours. Ideally you should have flown a couple of good soaring flights – two hours minimum, for each flight. However, we are prepared to waive this restriction if you demonstrate adequate soaring skills.
- Saturday May 27, 2017
- Sunday May 28, 2017
The following items will be covered and tested:
- Three consecutive precision landings at SOSA supervised by a SOSA cross country rated instructor.
- Dual field selection exercise.
- Review of basic map reading and course plotting.
- How to plan and execute your first off field landing.
- Dual flight and landing at another airfield including map reading and communication with Waterloo tower.
- Rigging and derigging both the ASK 21 and Junior.
Completion of this course will allow you to start meeting the requirements of the Silver badge.
You MUST register in advance to participate in the off field dual landing part of the course. Please contact John Brennan offline to register or sign the pink sheet at the club house.